Netflix Introduces Social Aspect to Their Services
It’s about time! I have been waiting for Netflix to be more social with it’s members and content for a long time. I always thought it could be fun to share what you’re watching, comment on movies or shows and maybe even participate in some level of gamification. Will be nice to see where Netflix takes this, looking forward to it.
Originally posted on Gigaom:
Ever wanted to know what your former college roommates are watching on Netflix? Now you’ve got your chance: Netflix (s NFLX) plans to turn on its Facebook (s FB) integration for U.S. subscribers Wednesday, allowing them to share their viewing behavior with their Facebook friends and get social recommendations for what to watch next. The integration followed some political wrangling about a little-known 1980s privacy law.
U.S.-based Netflix subscribers can now connect their Facebook account to the video service, and then be able to view dedicated categories called “Friends’ Favorites” and “Watched by your friends” on the Netflix website as well as through the company’s apps on mobile and connected devices. Viewers can also opt into sharing all of their viewing behavior on Facebook’s website.
The company said on its blog Wednesday morning that it will eventually…
View original 218 more words
About TomI'm a technology professional with a background in computer engineering and communications who currently supports cloud and hosting services. Embrace change, strive for continual service improvement, and search for more efficient processes. That's how I roll.
- Adoption of new tech & apps is causing IT to rethink monitoring. EMA Research & @Nimsoft discuss in 4/29 webcast gag.gl/wSQx8 21 hours ago
- RT @CA_Careers: 4 Tips on how to stay organized in your career! #MakeYourMark bit.ly/1j5MRNN 23 hours ago
- Think mobile #APM can live in a bubble? @aruna13 explains why it cannot: gag.gl/yXWIA via @WiredInsights 2 days ago
- What is driving the Future of #IT? @CAinc shares research findings in new slideshow gag.gl/rqbrt #CRoIT 6 days ago
- “IT must evolve…or risk becoming marginalized in the software-driven economy" gag.gl/EBtGa @JohnMichelsen 1 week ago